At On-Off Group, we believe in designing for humans from end to end. One of the ways we do this is by behaving well and helping each other, as a company.
This Code of Conduct provides guidelines for all members of On-Off Group. These guidelines address both the things we do and the things we don’t do. On-Off Group employees must hold themselves to the highest standards.
We recognize that each of us is an ambassador for On-Off Group and for each other. Integrity is central to protecting our reputation for each other and for future business.
Anyone who witnesses instances where the Code of Conduct is not followed by their colleagues should speak up. In most cases, timely and constructive feedback about an incident should be enough to ensure that we all behave well.
However, we are serious about protecting the rights of On-Off Group employees to work in a healthy happy workplace, so continued or serious violations of the Code of Conduct will be regarded as cause for disciplinary action.
Serious and/or continued violations of the code should be reported to the Admin Team will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
We all sign up to the Code of Conduct so not knowing about it is not an excuse for any violation.
The On-Off Group Code of Conduct has three key principles:
- Respect each other
- Act with integrity
- Strive to be our best selves
Respect each other
- We are always on time.
- Being on time helps you be cool, calm, and collected, and you make a great impression by showing the other person you respect their valuable time.
- We promote work-life balance
- Work-life balance is an important aspect of a healthy work environment. Maintaining this helps reduce stress and helps prevent burnout in the workplace. Let’s respect each other's working hours.
- We give constructive comments.
- Feedback helps us to be our best selves. Challenge directly when you see an area for opportunity. It’s ok to deliver hard feedback when it’s necessary, but remember to say it in a positive / constructive manner.
Keep in mind:
- Give feedback immediately - the sooner, the better.
- Be precise - describe the situation you observed, the behaviors you saw (good or bad), and the impact you observed.
- State why you are providing feedback.
- If possible provide feedback in person or through a video call.
- We communicate effectively when working remotely.
- We encourage working practice that is best for the team. If you want to work remotely please discuss with your team lead or the Admin Team so we can find a solution that works for everyone.
- Here are a few things to do when working remotely which will help us all work at our best together:
- Be responsive - we will still need each other even though we’re not sitting next to each other. Add to the conversation and support each other.
- Let people know where you are and what your plans are.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings via conference call
- Turn your camera on if connection is strong enough.
- Mute your microphone when you’re not talking in the conference call to minimize the background noise.
- Upload your weekly tasks in BaseCamp every Monday.
- Try your best to be at social events and team activities.
- We encourage diversity.
- We believe in humans and our uniqueness. Diversity helps us recognize and respect “ways of being” that are not necessarily our own. It helps dispel negative stereotypes and personal biases about different groups.
- As a company and as individuals we seek out interactions with others, the opportunity to build bridges to trust, respect, and understanding across cultures.
- We call out discrimination and deal with it quickly.
If ever you witness discrimination, or are being discriminated against, report it to your team lead and to the Admin Team, so that we can deal with it in an appropriate way.
We act with integrity
- We are honest and transparent.
- If we say something either publicly or privately, then we believe that it is true. We do not intentionally omit important and relevant information to deceive others. We strive to be clear and transparent in our communications both internally and externally.
- We always give our best.
- To do our best means to try your hardest, and to always try to reach excellence at what we do. It's important to always do your best. Your co-workers trusts and counts on you to do your job the best you can.
- We don’t talk badly about clients.
- Never make negative comments or spread rumors about any clients. It devalues their reputation and ours.
- We walk the talk.
We want to be the best version of ourselves. Perform with consistency and show action to what you say.
Strive to be our best selves
- We ask for help when we need it.
- On-Off Group is a tight-knit community that relies on each other. Being helpful improves communication within the team.
- By helping others when they need help, you can provide a different outlook to their problem. We spend a lot of time at work, so let’s make OOG a caring workplace – an environment of understanding, community, and support nurtures positive relationships.
- We are accountable for our own tasks.
- Everyone at On-Off Group is a leader. Take responsibility for completing the tasks you commit to and also for asking for help if you need it.
- We are curious and interested.
- Take it upon yourself to grow your skills and support each other in development. Allow yourself and your team time to think innovatively.
- We share knowledge and insights.
- Sharing knowledge collectively benefits all of us and encourages us all to develop and improve. Actively allocate time when you can share insights.
- We search out feedback.
- Collecting feedback shows you value others' opinions. By asking for feedback you communicate that their opinion is important. You involve them in shaping your career and business growth.